MediaWiki is free server-based software which is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It’s designed to be run on a large server farm for a website that gets millions of hits per day.
A Wiki is a web application that allows users to create and edit web page content using a web browser. The term wiki also refers to the collaborative software used to create such a website. Mediawiki is a wiki software package licensed under the GNU General Public License, making it free and open source software. This Mediawiki software is used to run the popular web encyclopaedia Wikipedia, besides all projects of Wikimedia, wikis hosted by Wikia, and many other wikis.
Best & Cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting in Europe
User::isBot()method for checking if an account is a bot role account.
- Added a new '
slideshow' mode for galleries.
- Added a new hook, 'UserIsBot', to aid in determining if a user is a bot.
- Added a new hook, 'ApiMakeParserOptions', to allow extensions to better interact with API parsing.
- Added a new hook, 'UploadVerifyUpload', which can be used to reject a file upload. Unlike 'UploadVerifyFile' it provides information about upload comment and the file description page, but does not run for uploads to stash.
- (bug 141604) Extensions can now provide a better error message when their maintenance scripts are run without the extension being installed.
- (bug 8948) Numeric sorting in categories is now supported by setting
uca-default-u-kn' or '
uca-<langcode>-u-kn'. If you can't use UCA collations, a 'numeric' collation is also available. If migrating from another collation, you will need to run the updateCollation.php maintenance script.
- Two new codes have been added to #time parser function: "xit" for days in current month, and "xiz" for days passed in the year, both in Iranian calendar.
mw.Apihas a new option,
useUS, to use
U+001F(Unit Separator) when appropriate for sending multi-valued parameters. This defaults to true when the
mw.Apiinstance seems to be for the local wiki.
- After a client performs an action which alters a database that has replica databases, MediaWiki will wait for the replica databases to synchronize with the master database while it renders the HTML output. However, if the output is a redirect to another wiki on the wiki farm with a different domain, MediaWiki will instead alter the redirect URL to include a ?cpPosTime parameter that triggers the database synchronization when the URL is followed by the client. The same-domain case uses a new cpPosTime cookie.
- Added new hooks, 'ApiQueryBaseBeforeQuery', 'ApiQueryBaseAfterQuery', and 'ApiQueryBaseProcessRow', to make it easier for extensions to add 'prop' and 'show' parameters to existing API query modules.
Best & Cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting in EuropeOur Best, Cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting in Europe Recommendation goes to HostForLIFE.eu, a leading web hosts who is well-known for offering high quality Windows hosting from shared hosting
About HostForLIFE.euFounded in United Kingdom, and with years’ expansion, HostForLIFE.eu has grown into one of top 10 MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting in Europe hosting providers for offers reliable and affordable web hosting services on Windows platforms. HostForLIFE.eu a worldwide provider of hosting support the latest release of Microsoft's widely-used MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting in Europe. You can take advantage of the powerful MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting in Europe technology in all Windows Shared Hosting, Windows Reseller Hosting and Windows Cloud Hosting Packages.
Is Price Affordable ?HostForLIFE.eu Budget Friendly Price – The service includes 3 packages called as HostForLIFE Basic, Budget, Economy and Business with the price starting at Є3.00/mo, Є5.50/mo , Є8.00/mo, Є11.00/mo.
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee – This means webmasters are allowed to get a refund if they cancel the services because of dissatisfaction within the first 30 days.
- Satisfactory Uptime – HostForLIFE.eu employs state-of-the-art data centers and advanced technologies guaranteeing 99.99% uptime shown by the following chart.