HighlightsMagento 2.1.6 contains over 15 significant performance enhancements when compared to 2.1.5. Look for the following highlights in this release:
Improved performance of the Category page
loading configurable products from the database is now up to 5x faster
price calculations are now up to 3-5% faster
stock validation is now up to 20% faster
- loading configurable products from the database is now up to 5x faster
Optimized image resizing
image resize operations performed from the command line interface now generate images of all sizes. See magento catalog:images:resize for more information.
image resize operations from the Admin have been fixed
significant decrease in the number of file system operations when processing images on frontend
caching of image metadata is up to 50% faster, depending on store size
- image resize operations performed from the command line interface now generate images of all sizes. See magento catalog:images:resize for more information.
Improved performance of layered navigation
- layered navigation is now up to 3% faster due to the caching of attribute options
Minimized indexing operations after product import
Functional fixes and enhancementsWe address the following functional fixes and enhancements in this release.
- Magento no longer locks the
category_product_entitytable. Unlocking this table reduces the potential of lock-related timeouts that can occur when indexing and checkout operations run in parallel. Previously, Magento locked the
- The storefront now displays images that Magento resizes during
product save operations, rather than resizing the product on the
storefront. Previously, the image path contained
store_id, and during save operations, Magento resized images for images the default store only.
\Magento\CatalogInventory\Model\Stock\Status\getStockId()method now returns the correct values.
- The check that Magento runs to confirm a configurable product’s readiness for sale is now faster. (The
isSalablemethod checks that a configurable product can be sold (that is, is in a saleable state)).
- Magento no longer calculates configurable product special prices on the category page. Previously, Magento calculated special prices on the category page, but did not display them.