This is a minor version (feature release) of Drupal 8 and is ready for use on production sites. See the CHANGELOG.txt for a summary of changes and improvements since the last minor release. Learn more about Drupal 8 and the Drupal 8 release cycle.
This minor release provides new improvements and functionality without breaking backward compatibility (BC) for public APIs. Note that there may be changes in internal APIs and experimental modules that require updates to contributed and custom modules and themes per Drupal core's backwards compatibility and experimental module policies.
Easier to place and configure blocks on pagesThe new experimental Place Block module allows placing blocks on any page without having to navigate to the backend administration form. After selecting the region for placement, block configuration can be adjusted in a modal dialog allowing full control of all the details.
There is also a much easier way to modify block configuration, with the experimental Settings Tray module. Editing a block opens a tray in a sidebar with the block's title and other settings. For the site name block, for example, you can edit the site name directly in the sidebar. For menu blocks, you can adjust the menu there.
Critical bug fixes
- #2807705: FormattableMarkup::placeholderFormat() can result in unsafe replacements
- #2783079: DRUPAL-SA-CORE-2016-003 Completely broke IIS drupal deployments
- #2773333: Form validation errors, status messages on form submission are shown after page refresh when form is rendered in block
- #2776235: Cached autoloader misses cause failures when missed class becomes available
- #2567715: #markup generated by #pre_render callbacks do not get processed by ensureMarkupIsSafe()
- #2782009: Create a field with the same name as one being purged results in data destruction of the new field
- #2776357: Upgrade path for Config translation synchronization failure
- #2702227: Image styles for private files are serving the original instead of derivative
- #2804675: Tests using TestDatabase class are stuck in an infinite loop in Windows (8.2.0-rc2 only)
Improved authoring features
- #88183: Relative URLs are automatically converted to absolute ones when content is output to an RSS feed.
- #2490136: Enabled revisions by default on new node types.
- #306662: Added a redirect option to site-wide contact forms.
- #2513402: Whenever a new entity is created, a link to it is now provided in a status message, for easy access to it regardless of the form workflow.
- #2090937: Styled CKEditor dialogs to match Drupal dialogs.
Best and Cheap Drupal 8.2.0 HostingIn the following, we are to have a close and careful look at the service in consideration of price, feature, performance and technical support. Before setting out a comprehensive analysis, we firstly show its overall ratings. Please note that they are worked out after we have personally tried its service for more than 3 months and collected hundreds of reviews from verified customers.
HostForLIFE.eu Drupal 8.2.0 Hosting UptimeHostForLIFE.eu spares no efforts in optimizing its network infrastructure so that customers are able to run their sites in a sound hosting environment. Declaring 99.9% uptime, the company has created unique downtime prevention software which monitors each server’s status in real-time with zero human interaction. Additionally, it employs enterprise-class electrical systems for redundancy with multiple power feeds, power generator and UPS technology.
To check the uptime in real practice, we keep monitoring a medium-sized website hosted with the service for over 6 monthsand come out with the result that the average uptime is 99.99% in the past 30 days.
HostForLIFE.eu Drupal 8.2.0 Hosting Review on FeaturesTo enable customers to run websites smoothly and stably, the company has integrated a large amount of outstanding features with the 5 Windows plans, such as PHP 5.5, MySQL 5, FTP accounts, and sufficient email addresses. What’s more, to ensure the security of the hosted websites, HostForLIFE.eu offers shared SSL to encrypt the data when it is transferred across the Internet. Additionally, daily backups are offered to provide customers with automatic recovery of lost data.
HostForLIFE.eu specializes in offering professional Drupal 8.2.0 hosting solutions. HostForLIFE.eu always could bring the latest Microsoft technology to its customers such as:
- Windows 2012 and Windows 2008 platform, customers can select the desired one when subscribing to the service
- MSSQL 2012/2008, MSSQL R2, and the latest MSSQL 2012
- ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5,4.6,5; II8.x, and ASP.NET MVC 5/6 supported
- Full IIS trust level, and isolated application pool
- Different ASP.NET components like ASP.NET ReportView Control, ASP.NET Charting Control and others are available for use by all customers at no cost
- With its self-developed control panel, it is easy to manage the domain, files, databases, IIS setting, web traffic log, and permission
- As for their strong relationship with Microsoft, another great thing when working with HostForLIFE.eu is that its customer could get the opportunity to try beta release of new Microsoft products and become the first man to test out the future Microsoft technology.
HostForLIFE.eu Drupal 8.2.0 Hosting 2016 Review on Customer SupportHostForLIFE.eu engineers have rich experience in Drupal 8.2.0 hosting. The team consists of Microsoft Certified Professionals, System Engineers, and Database Administrators that have worked for some of the best hosting companies in the industry. They make sure that they are technically saavy and understand what customers require from them.
The company provides 24/7 customers support through its Support Portal and Email. Although it does not support phone call and live chat, the Microsoft certificated technicians can still offer the most professional support to help their customers on ASP.NET issues effectively. Besides, customers can check HostForLIFE.eu knowledgebase and Community Forum to diagnose issues by themselves. HostForLIFE.eu never outsources its support to other companies or countries. Since it launched the business, HostForLIFE.eu has received very high customer feedback.