MediaWiki is free server-based software which is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It’s designed to be run on a large server farm for a website that gets millions of hits per day.
A Wiki is a web application that allows users to create and edit web page content using a web browser. The term wiki also refers to the collaborative software used to create such a website. Mediawiki is a wiki software package licensed under the GNU General Public License, making it free and open source software. This Mediawiki software is used to run the popular web encyclopaedia Wikipedia, besides all projects of Wikimedia, wikis hosted by Wikia, and many other wikis.
What is New in MediaWiki 1.26.2?MediaWiki 1.26 is the current stable MediaWiki version.
- ResourceLoader now loads all scripts asynchronously. The top-queue and startup modules no longer block synchronous loading.
- ResourceLoader minification is now cached in APC memory (if available) instead of the local database.
- Caches that need purging ability now use the WANObjectCache interface. This corresponds to a new $wgMainWANCache setting, which defaults to using the $wgMainCacheType settings.
- Callers needing fast light-weight data stores use $wgMainStash to select the store type from $wgObjectCaches. The default is the local database.
- Interface message overrides in the MediaWiki namespace will now be cached in memcached and APC (if available), rather than memcached and local files.
- $wgTransactionalTimeLimit was added, which controls the request time limit for potentially slow POST requests that need to be as atomic as possible.
- A new hook, ‘LogException’, was added to log exceptions in non-standard ways.
- Revive the ‘SpecialSearchResultsAppend’ hook which occurs after the list of search results are rendered. The initial use case is to append a “give us feedback” link beneath the search results.
- Added a new hook, ‘RejectParserCacheValue’, which allows extensions to reject an otherwise-successful parser cache lookup. The intent is to allow extensions to manage the eviction of archaïc HTML output from the cache.
- Added new hooks ‘EnhancedChangesListModifyLineData’ & ‘EnhancedChangesListModifyBlockLineData’, to modify the data used to build lines in enhanced recentchanges and watchlist.
- Added a new hook, ‘RandomPageQuery’, to allow modification of the query used by Special:Random to select random pages.
Best & Cheap MediaWiki 1.26.2 HostingOur 2014, Best, Cheap MediaWiki 1.26.2 Hosting Recommendation goes to HostForLIFE.eu, a leading web hosts who is well-known for offering high quality Windows hosting from shared hosting
Who is HostForLIFE.eu ?Founded in United Kingdom, and with years’ expansion, HostForLIFE.eu has grown into one of top 10 MediaWiki 1.26.2 Hosting hosting providers for offers reliable and affordable web hosting services on Windows platforms. HostForLIFE.eu a worldwide provider of hosting support the latest release of Microsoft's widely-used MediaWiki 1.26.2 Hosting. You can take advantage of the powerful MediaWiki 1.26.2 Hosting technology in all Windows Shared Hosting, Windows Reseller Hosting and Windows Cloud Hosting Packages.
Is Price Affordable ?HostForLIFE.eu Budget Friendly Price – The service includes 3 packages called as HostForLIFE Basic, Budget, Economy and Business with the price starting at Є3.00/mo, Є5.50/mo , Є8.00/mo, Є11.00/mo.
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee – This means webmasters are allowed to get a refund if they cancel the services because of dissatisfaction within the first 30 days.
- Satisfactory Uptime – HostForLIFE.eu employs state-of-the-art data centers and advanced technologies guaranteeing 99.99% uptime shown by the following chart.